Monday 23 December 2013

Bex Rox Meets Lara Apponyi

BEX ROX catches up with the incredibly talented British Artist- Lara Apponyi the creative behind the annual BEX ROX Christmas card for 2013.

http://laraapponyi.com/



- Tell us a little about yourself


I'm a British artist living in NYC. I divide my time between painting,
drawing and Interior Design.

- How did you get into illustration?

An editor at Penguin asked me to illustrate a story for a new
side-line company producing e-books for children. Then that led to a
second book....

- What inspires you?

The list is vast!! To name a few: The life and work of Philip Guston,
topiary gardens, antique rugs from Double Knot in Tribeca below the
studio where I work, the gloaming hour, the lyrics to 'Take This
Waltz' by Leonard Cohen, driving solo late at night, Tracey Emins
columns for The Independent, the sea.

- What drew you to collaborating with BEX ROX

Working with a designer who strongly stands by her unique style.



- When you think of BEX ROX you think of....

Positive energy captured. Bex has a magical ability to absorb culture
and her surroundings and channel this through beautifully crafted,
dynamic BEX ROX jewelry. I also think of having lots of fun, it's
impossible not to ;)

- What is your favorite BEX ROX piece?

Currently it's the Black Onyx Necklace. Chic and timeless



- Being in illustrating means you can travel with your job yes? Is
there anywhere in particular that you love to go for work?

Yes, I can pretty much work anywhere although I love to go to places
specifically connected to a project. I am planning trips to the San
Blas Islands to meet with Moon-children and then Cappadocia, I have
ideas in the pipeline for both.

- Favorite place to travel

The Cyclades, because they remind me of my childhood



- You can't leave the house without...

Having a cup of tea first

- Your favorite quotes are...

Here are two I discovered early this year and fell in love with:

"Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just
as well." Mark Twain

“Don't worry about losing. If it is right, it happens - The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.” John Steinbeck


No comments:

Post a Comment